Axial Spondyloarthritis Resources & Support
Seeking a diagnosis for axial spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) can make for a long journey; receiving a formal diagnosis for the condition can be scary and hard to handle, spurring the question: now what? You are not alone in worrying about diagnosis or life with AxSpA. Many people come to our community seeking answers to the questions below:
- What are the types of AxSpA?
- Which specialist treats spondyloarthritis?
- What are diagnostic tests available?
- Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Functional Index (BASFI)
- Blood testing for gene and inflammatory markers
- Examining your medical history and physical health
- Imaging tests for radiographic and non-radiographic damage
- Where is current research at with diagnosis?
- What if I’m HLA-B27 negative?
- What are available AxSpA treatments?
- How can I live my life with AxSpA?
- Can I file for social security or disability?
We’ve also compiled a list resources to help you through your AxSpA journey:
- Axial Spondyloarthritis International Federation (ASIF)
- Creaky Joints
- Global Healthy Living Foundation (GHLF)
- National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society (NASS)
- Spondylitis Association of America (SAA)
Patient Assistance Programs
Non-profit assistance programs
Pharmaceutical assistance programs
- AbbVie Patient Assistance Foundation
- Cimzia (Certolizumab Pegol) Co-Pay Savings Programs
- Cosentyx (Secukinumab) Connect Personal Support Program
- Enbrel (Etanercept) Support Card Program
- HUMIRA (Adalimumb) Complete Savings
- Janssen CarePath for Remicade (Infliximab)
- Janssen Carepath for Simponi (Golimumab)
Still have questions or concerns about axial spondyloarthritis? Feel free to share your question with the community and both community advocates and users can answer!