Lifestyle Changes for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Last updated: April 2022
We here at AnkylosingSpondylitis.net have connected with people from all different backgrounds, and with all different experiences. Some people who come to our community prefer to use biologics and other medications. Some people prefer to take the natural or homeopathic route. Some people like to use a mix of both.
But mostly everyone has shared that some lifestyle modifications have helped them, at least a little bit. Whether it's trying to manage stress, get better sleep, stretch for a few minutes, or something else--small changes in your day-to-day can be helpful in AS symptom management.
Here are some of our favorite articles about lifestyle changes, written by our very own Patient Leaders:
- My Stretch Routine by James H.
- 5 Ways We Can Reduce the Impact of our AS Symptoms by Ali C.
- Getting Back in Touch With My Body by Anne Marie R.
- Movement Is Medicine: My Strongest Tool Against Symptoms by Lana B.
- Good Self-Care is Ruthless by Dawn G.
- 3 Ways To Get An Energy Boost by Auldyn M.
- Self-Care: I Set Small Goals & Limit My Activities by Ali L.
- Mind and Body: Flare-Up Coping Methods by Lisa B.
- A Huge Positive Change by René A.
- Combating A Negative Mindset With Wellness Planning by Katie S.
- Managing AS with Steff: Mobility Aids, Heat Essentials, and Routine by Steff
Do you notice worsening flares in colder weather?