caret icon Back to all discussions

Husband’s family live 350 miles away

Today my husband tells me he has plans to meet his kids all four in one place on Saturday, I don’t go as I can’t travel and they don’t get on with me but it’s way too far anyway.
Usually he gets everything read for me and I am able to do it without his help, and he goes first thing in the morning and back at midnight.
He has hardly seen them last few years, and his sisters and brothers he has a big family.
They met last year
They meet at his daughters house as central, they don’t understand the health issues I have and I have tried so don’t bother.
Neither of us want carers in and right now I am in a big flare on top of a virus and trying to get over a chest infection and skin infection,I have pulled muscles and struggling to move never mind been on my own for a day, we don’t have friends either and my daughter is away this weekend.
I said why can’t they come here but he said he wants to go there, I just feel like a burden and I can’t cope with all this.
Even to breathe hurts and now this.
Just so fed up and it’s like it’s my fault and it isn’t,he says he is angry but what can I do, If I could I would get in the car and drive away but I can’t drive have lost confidence, I am stuck here.

1. Jan58,
    That is so frustrating. I'm sorry you are not getting the support you so need.
    Always know we're here for you. ~Doreen (Team Member)

Please read our rules before posting.